Ronald Rozensky, Ph.D., ABPP
(Ph.D., 1974, University of Pittsburgh)
Internship – Butler Veterans Administration Hospital
Chair, Department of Clinical and Health Psychology (1998 – 2006)
Associate Dean for International Programs, College of Public Health and Health Professions
Board Certified in both Clinical Psychology and Clinical Health Psychology
(ABPP; American Board of Professional Psychology)
Fellow, American Psychological Association (Divisions 12 (Clinical), 38 (Health), 31 (State Psychological Association Affairs), 42 (Independent Practice).
Interests: Health Psychology, Primary Care, Health Policy and Administration, Competency-based education, psychotherapy supervision.
- Recipient, 2019 APA Raymond D. Fowler Award for Outstanding Contributions to APA
- Chair APA Policy and Planning Board (2018)
- Recipient, 2016 APA Presidential Citation for being “a tireless advocate on behalf of psychology’s contributions in health care.”
- Recipient, 2014 Nathan W. Perry, Jr Award for Career Service to Health Psychology from APA Division 38, Health Psychology
- Recipient, American Psychological Association Distinguished Career Contributions to Education and Training in Psychology Award (2013)
- Recipient, American Board of Professional Psychology’s (ABPP) Distinguished Service and Contribution to the Profession of Psychology Award (2013)
- Recipient, American Psychological Association’s Board of Educational Affairs Education Advocacy Distinguished Service Award (2012)
- Recipient, American Psychological Association Award for Distinguished Contributions to Institutional practice (2011)
- Recipient, Joseph Matarazzo Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology in Academic Health Centers (2010); from APA Division 12 (Society of Clinical Psychology), Section VIII (Association of Psychologist in Academic Health Centers).
- Recipient, Outstanding International Psychologist Award for Distinguished Contributions to Global Psychology from APA Division 52, Division of International Psychology (2007).
- Recipient, APA’s Karl F. Heiser Presidential Award for Advocacy (1995)
- Chair, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Bureau of Health Professions’ Advisory Committee for Interdisciplinary Community-Based Linkages (2010)
- Invited Participant: Carter Center Mental Health Program’s Health Care Summit (on the integration of behavioral health in primary care; 2010).
- Founding Editor: Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings
- American Psychological Association (APA) Board of Directors (2005-2007).
- Past Chair, APA Board of Educational Affairs.
- Past Chair, APA Board of Professional Affairs.
- Past Chair, APA Commission on the Recognition of Specialties and Proficiencies in Professional Psychology (2010-2012)
- Past President, Illinois Psychological Association.
- Member, APA Board of Directors (2005-2007)
- Member, APA Council Representatives (1995-1997; 2002-2004).
- Recipient, Association of Medical School Psychologists’ Distinguished Educator Award (2001)
- Distinguished Practitioner, National Academy of Practice in Psychology.
- Distinguished Psychologist, State of Illinois, Illinois Psychological Association (1994)
- Member, Board of Directors, American Board of Clinical Psychology, ABPP (1996-2000).
- Member, Board of Directors, Association of Medical School Psychologists (1996-2000).
- Recipient, Department of Clinical & Health Psychology’s Classroom Teaching Award (2001).
- Recipient, Department of Clinical & Health Psychology’s Hugh C. Davis Award for Excellence in Psychotherapy Supervision (2001, 2008, 2012).