Clinical Assistant Professor
Office: (352) 273-5123
Clinic Appointments: (352) 265-0294
- Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University, 2016
- M.S., Virginia Commonwealth University, 2012
- B.S., University of Florida, 2010
Dr. Holgerson conducts comprehensive psychological evaluations for patients being considered for bariatric procedures. She is a member of the UF Health Weight Loss Surgery Center team, offering a comprehensive treatment approach to weight management. She also sees adults for general weight management and disordered eating concerns. Dr. Holgerson supervises trainees enrolled in the UF Clinical Psychology graduate program and UF Health Sciences Center Psychology Internship program.
Holgerson, A. A., Clark, M. M., Ames, G. E., Collazo-Clavell, M. L., Kellogg, T. A., Graszer, K. M., … & Grothe, K. (2018). Association of adverse childhood experiences and food addiction to bariatric surgery completion and weight loss outcome. Obesity surgery, 28(11), 3386-3392.
Ames, G. E., Heckman, M. G., Diehl, N. N., Shepherd, D. M., Holgerson, A. A., Grothe, K. B., … & Clark, M. M. (2017). Guiding Patients Toward the Appropriate Surgical Treatment for Obesity: Should Presurgery Psychological Correlates Influence Choice Between Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy?. Obesity surgery, 27(10), 2759-2767.
Mazzeo, S. E., Lydecker, J., Harney, M., Palmberg, A. A., Kelly, N. R., Gow, R. W.,… & Latzer, Y. (2016). Development and preliminary effectiveness of an innovative treatment for binge eating in racially diverse adolescent girls. Eating Behaviors, 22, 199-205.
Lydecker, J. A., Cotter, E. W., Palmberg, A. A., Simpson, C., Kwitowski, M., White, K., & Mazzeo, S. E. (2016). Does this Tweet make me look fat? A content analysis of weight stigma on Twitter. Eating and Weight Disorders-Studies on Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity, 21(2), 229-235.
van den Akker, K., Stewart, K., Antoniou, E. E., Palmberg, A., & Jansen, A. (2014). Food cue reactivity, obesity, and impulsivity: are they associated?. Current Addiction Reports, 1(4), 301-308.
Awards and Honors
- 2017 Mayo Clinic Department of Psychiatry and Psychology Research Summit Award- Behavioral Medicine Category
- 2015 Outstanding Counseling Graduate Student at Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2014 Elizabeth A. Fries Memorial Scholarship
- Society for Behavioral Medicine (SBM)
- Association of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- APA – Division 38 (Health Psychology)