David Fedele, Ph.D.
(Ph.D. 2012, Oklahoma State University)
David Fedele, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Clinical and Health Psychology at the University of Florida. Dr. Fedele earned his doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Oklahoma State University in 2012 and completed his clinical internship and a T32 postdoctoral fellowship in pediatric psychology at Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University.
Dr. Fedele’s research focuses on the promotion of health among youth diagnosed with chronic medical conditions and their families. Dr. Fedele’s current research focuses on pediatric asthma, cystic fibrosis, and food allergies. He is particularly interested in how health behaviors, adherence to treatment regimens, and the child-caregiver relationship impact youth health and well-being.
- American Psychological Association
- Society of Pediatric Psychology
- Fedele, D. A., Cushing, C. C., Fritz, A. , Amaro, C. M., & Ortega, A. (2017). Mobile health interventions for improving health outcomes in youth: A meta-analysis. JAMA Pediatrics, 171, 461-469. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2017.0042
- Krietsch, K. N., Lawless, C., Fedele, D. A., McCrae, C. S., & Janicke, D. M. (2017). Influence of asthma status on sleep variability in overweight/obese youth. Journal of Asthma, 54, 383-391. doi: 10.1080/02770903.2016.1218010
- Fedele, D. A., Barnett, T. E., Everhart, R. S., Lawless, C., & Forrest, J. (2016). Comparison of asthma prevalence and morbidity among rural and non-rural youth. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 117, 193-194. doi:10.1016/j.anai.2016.05.019
- Fedele, D. A., McQuaid, E. L., Faino, A., Strand, M., Cohen, S., Robinson, J., Atkins, D., O’B Hourihane, J., & Klinnert, M. D. (2016). Patterns of adaptation to children’s food allergies. Allergy, 71, 505-513. doi:10.1111/all.12825
- Fedele, D. A., Tooley, E., Busch, A., McQuaid, E. L., Hammond, S. K., & Borrelli, B. (2016). Secondhand smoke exposure in minority children with asthma. Health Psychology, 35, 115-122. doi:10.1037/hea0000220